One thing that still boggles my mind after seeing Prometheus I was one of the people that took Scott’s word as it is. When he and Damon Lindelof were talking about the film before release , they said that it would only share DNA and wouldn’t directly link with the original Alien.
How ever Scott said the reason for making the film was he always wanted to know who that guy in the chair was and why he had a hole in his chest . And was carrying a cargo of death!
Apart from establishing the Space Jockeys as engineers who seeded the creation of mankind, he totally skipped over the purpose of this movie. We never got to find out about that fundamental question why was that ship marooned on LV4-26 and what happened to the pilot.
I’m not completely blind to the film , I can reach some of the answers myself the film is filled with ties to the Alien mythology Peter Weyland, the androids. But it seems the only real connection to the original alien was at the end the pre xenomorph creature that burst from the engineer.
I suppose this film is about the evolution of life, at the end and it makes more sense to me that The Xenomorphs are just one of several Biological weapons created by the engineers and that Derelict on LV4-26 is just one of many battle ships designed to carry the creatures.
But what happened to him that forced him to set the craft down, and was it a warning beacon or distress call ?
If the eventual sequel does come about , I dislike how Scott and Damon are saying it wouldn’t go any further in its link to Alien. Because that would still leave us hanging with the question of what will become of the Pre Xenomorph creature and how will it evolve into the creature we see in the first movie.
Scott wanted a prequel in the sense of exploring the space jockey’s species and what they’re all about, but he didn’t care about setting up exactly how that individual space jockey crashed & died. So, it is a prequel, and it isn’t. It’s kind of nice to leave some things to the viewers’ imaginations. But it is easy to imagine how the space jockey from Alien got there; he was exposed to some of his mutagen and was killed by the creature that resulted.
Keep in mind, the creature from the end of Prometheus is probably not causally connected to the one from Alien; my guess is they are separate results of different exposures to the mutagen.
- heroinmyhead likes this
- maplepines likes this
- xemptyspacex reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- soundabuse reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- cradtr reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- randomguy1138 reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- mewiththeface reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- lethal-lovesick reblogged this from aliensandpredators and added:
- romyromromz reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- alvaroz likes this
- the-urban-misfits likes this
- andallislove likes this
- lifesergic-mithra reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- sipulijuttu likes this
- coolraul10 likes this
- blocodeespantamentos reblogged this from aliensandpredators and added:
- kissing-monsters likes this
- amaurote likes this
- fanoftentakil likes this
- deadcatch likes this
- blocodeespantamentos likes this
- sandrarogue likes this
- mostlyonhotelpaper likes this
- tedbongdy likes this
- dr-bomb reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- yowasssupitsme reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- fancylion likes this
- helenlavoie likes this
- makeyourowndreams likes this
- tallesbian reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- ranoutofrun likes this
- brownus likes this
- nevermindthecamera likes this
- rammvonvanitydarko reblogged this from aliensandpredators
- sampledtelevision-archive likes this
- jamie-via-nfd-music-vibe submitted this to aliensandpredators